Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2021 to Study at Stanford University
Graduate Degree Program
UNIVERSITY / ORGANIZATION:
Knight-Hennessy Scholars is a global alumni level grant program for students at Stanford University. Built-up in 2016, the program gets ready understudies to take influential positions in finding inventive answers for complex worldwide issues. Researchers get full financing to seek after any advanced education at Stanford and have extra open doors for authority preparing, mentorship, and experiential learning over numerous controls.
On February 22, 2016, Stanford University declared that Nike fellow benefactor and Stanford Graduate School of Business former student Phil Knight had promised $400 million to Stanford to build up the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program. It was the biggest ever one-time gift to Stanford. Altogether, the program raised a $750 million blessing, making it the biggest completely invested grant program on the planet. The program is named for Phil Knight and John L. Hennessy, Stanford’s tenth president, who ventured down in the mid-year of 2016 following 16 years in the job and was named administrator of Alphabet Inc. in 2018. Hennessy, who considered the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program as “an interdisciplinary scholarly home that burdens joint effort,” fills in as the program’s debut executive. Jeff Wachtel fills in as official director, with Derrick Bolton as a dignitary of confirmation.
The scholarship is open to a wide arrangement of qualified candidates. All things considered, there are no limitations dependent on citizenship, age, the field of study, profession goal, and so on — nor are candidates required to look for supports from organizations.
- You are qualified to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program on the off chance that you are applying to take on a full-time graduate program(s) at Stanford (for instance, yet not constrained to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D.) or on the off chance that you plan on seeking after one of Stanford’s many joint-and double advanced education choices (for instance, however not restricted to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS).
- You are more likely than not graduated from January 2014 through September 2021 to select at Stanford in pre-winter 2021.
- S. military (dynamic or veteran) candidates: You get a two-year augmentation of qualification because of longer assistance responsibilities. You are qualified in the event that you earned your undergrad (lone ranger’s or first) degree in 2012 or later.
In addition to these, there are certain attributes that should be possessed by the candidate:
- Autonomy of Thought
- Displays initial step mental sharpness
- Searches out information and new encounters
- Loaded with unique thoughts
- Understands equivocalness
- Can hold a contrarian or disagreeing perspective
- Deliberate Leadership
- Aspiring, in the best sense
- Headed to develop self
- Ready to bring others along
- Determined and versatile
- City Mindset
- Actually, modest and kind
- Strong and responsible
- Grasps contrast
- Worried for and accommodating to other people
Since 2018, the program yearly offers money related help containing full educational cost and charges, food and lodging, related scholarly costs, and an allowance for everyday costs. Effective candidates to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program exhibit administration, freedom of thought, and community duty.
Potential candidates apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and furthermore apply independently to an advanced education program at one of Stanford’s seven schools. The debut class of 51 researchers from 21 nations, seeking after degrees in 31 scholarly offices at all seven of Stanford’s schools, was reported on February 15, 2018. Looking over 3,601 candidates, the debut associate was 57% female, greater part non-white, and 23% original US residents. They earned college degrees at 38 unique schools, and 63% hold non-US travel papers, from nations including Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Egypt, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Myanmar, New Zealand, Nigeria, Romania, South Korea, Syria, Tajikistan, and the United Kingdom. The debut companion showed up at Stanford in the fall of 2018, with up to 100 grants granted every year in resulting years. In 2019, a class of 75 researchers is envisioned. Understudies will get financing for as long as three years toward a graduate degree. Researchers seeking after doctorates or clinical degrees can get extra subsidizing past the three years from their specializations.
To be a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, you need to submit 2 applications:
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars online application
- Stanford graduate program (application cut-off times for Stanford Graduate projects can close as ahead of schedule as August 2020, with different cut-off times falling among September and December 2020, so check the individual program sites for application cut-off times for the course.)
So as to be considered for a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, you must be admitted to an alumni program. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars application is currently open for Autumn 2021 enlistment and is expected 14 October 2020.
It is essential to visit the official site (interface found beneath) for point by point data on the most proficient method to apply for this grant.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars get financing for graduate examination at Stanford University. The training of Knight-Hennessy Scholars is supported for as long as 3 years for any alumni degree(s) at Stanford. On the off chance that your degree program surpasses 3 years –, for example, a MD or PhD program, or a Stanford double or joint-degree program – at that point your Stanford home department(s) will support the rest of your training to the degree reliable with its standard subsidizing responsibility for that program. (That implies, for instance, your program may subsidize you for 1 extra year for certain PhDs and 3 extra years for other people).
During every one of the initial 3 years of graduate examination, Knight-Hennessy Scholars get:
- a partnership applied legitimately to cover the educational cost and related expenses
- payment for living and scholastic costs, (for example, food and lodging, books, scholarly supplies, instructional materials, nearby transportation, and sensible individual costs)
- a movement award expected to cover an economy-class ticket for one yearly excursion to and from Stanford.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars likewise may get to supplemental assets to help scholastic enhancement (e.g., meeting travel). In the wake of enlisting at Stanford, you may wish to join up with an extra alumni program. For this situation, you may apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program to get extra financing up to a limit of 3 years.
Extra Funding for Special Situations: If you participate in discretionary research ventures throughout the late spring, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program may give summer subsidizing, through the isolated application. Furthermore, Knight-Hennessy Scholars seeking after positive effect through social endeavors might be qualified to apply for seed financing.
The deadline for this scholarship is in October.
Never miss an update from us. If you enjoyed this post kindly share to show us some love. Thank you.