Many students dream of studying in the United States but are unable to do due to financial difficulties. Therefore, American University is distributing the Merit Awards for International First-year Students to support their education.
The Merit award is accessible for worldwide candidates who are going to be enrolled in undergraduate degree coursework at the university in the United States.
Founded in 1892, American University is a private research university in Washington. It offers over 160 programs, including 71 bachelor’s degrees, 87 master’s degrees, and 10 doctoral degrees, as well as JD, LLM, and SJD programs.
Why at American University? While studying at this university, passion becomes action and students actively engage in the world around them, and the leaders of today train the leaders of tomorrow. It creating change through their knowledge and work.
Application Deadline: January 15.
- University or Organization: American University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Partial fee
- Number of Awards: limited
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for all nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: The bursaries are awarded based on a combination of outstanding academic achievement, excellent communication skills in English, leadership, volunteerism, and community service.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being considered, you are obliged to enrol in the bachelor’s degree program by common application or coalition application at the American University. No application is required for the award. After getting an admission offer from AU, students will automatically be considered for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Provide your CV, resume, two academic letters of recommendation, copy of passport, bank statement and academic records.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have academic records for grades 9-12 with official transcripts.
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you can commence your studies at the American University.
- American University will provide partial awards for deserving students.
- These study funds are renewable for all four years of study based on successful continued academic performance.