Applicants are invited to become a part of the United Nations University Fellowship offered by UNU-MERIT and it’s School of Governance. The fellowship is available to pursue PhD degree program for the academic year 2020-2021.
The program focuses on research skills and methods, training fellows to become both scholars and practitioners in the fields of governance and the economics of technology.
The United Nations University – Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) is a research and training institute of United Nations University based in Maastricht in the south of the Netherlands.
Why study at UNU-MERIT? The university train specialists who combine a high level of academic scholarship with leadership, in order to strengthen democratic governance in domestic and international organizations.
- University or Organization: United Nations University / Maastricht University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Cover tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Fellowship is awarded to pursue a PhD degree program in Innovation, Economics and Governance for Development.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience.
- Basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, candidates must have to submit the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit certified copies of your certificates and grades and an explanation of the grading system, motivation letter of 400 – 500 words, three letters of recommendation (in English only) by current or former professors or employers, one-page essay indicating the topic of research interest, curriculum vitae, copy of your passport, passport size photo and full information about your present study and/or job.
- Admission Requirements: To study at UNU-MERIT, students will need to meet the academic entry requirements for their course.
- Language Requirement: All candidates must have proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt). Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
The UNU-MERIT covers tuition fees for the students who want to commence a PhD degree program in fields of governance and the economics of technology for the academic year 2020-2021.