Vodafone Ghana Foundation Scholarship Scheme For SHS Students
About the Scholarship Scheme
The Vodafone Ghana Foundation Scholarship Scheme seeks to increase women’s engagement in Science and Technology in Ghana. The project provides technical and financial support to young girls at the secondary school level, reviewing science and math curriculum, teacher training, teaching manual development and students and teacher motivation through awards and community engagement.
The scheme will identify and award 100 girls with high academic grades but low financial/economic resources to study Maths, Science and Technology courses in Senior High Schools in Ghana and 10 females to study at the University of Education Winneba. The scheme seeks to recognize and reward academic excellence and provide financial and technical support to female students. British Council manages the scheme on behalf of Vodafone.
Who can Apply for the Vodafone scholarship
[expand title =”Eligibility”]
Key: female students with academic excellence, able to demonstrate clear need for financial assistance.
To qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- be Ghanaian
- must be female
- be resident in Ghana at the time of application
- be JHS 3 female student preparing to write or writing BECE
- must have a total average of 70% in all examinations written in JHS 2 term 3, JHS 3 term 1 & JHS 3 term 2
- have already chosen to study General Science in SHS
- have demonstrated sturdy progression in academic work
- be engaged in one or more extra-curricular activity in school.[/expand]
What courses does the scholarship cover?
[expand title =”Courses”]
- For SHS Scholarship, applicants must have applied to study Science in their selected Senior High School.
- For undergraduate scholarship, applicants must have applied to study Science, Mathematics or technology related course at UEW. [/expand]
How to apply for SHS scholarship